Sunday, May 22, 2016

Exploring religion with Jack Miles

Recent events have made me think a lot about some of the highlights of the past couple of years -- and most of these peaks are strangely tied to religion and philosophy -- Buddhist, Christian, Jewish. It's probably tied to getting older, losing a parent, and dealing with the death of someone who shaped my childhood (RIP, Prince).

One of my favorite conversations of the past couple of years was with Jack Miles, a writer who probably makes me think more than any other -- aside from Shakespeare -- about life, death, and the mysteries of the universe. Full of wonder yet brilliant and highly rational, Miles was the editor behind the Norton Anthology of World Religions. I kind of wish I had this man on speed dial. Here is my interview with Mr. Miles -- is definitely in my lifetime top three interviews ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment